Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Return of Cat Tuesday (81) + Top Ten Tuesday

This picture makes me laugh.


This one? No so much.


Why? Well this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "books we've bought but still not read".  I should have read these by now. I am excited by each and every one of them.  But ... nope.

Finding this stack was actually harder than I thought, because a) I get a lot of books for review b) most of the books I buy are books I read as review copies that I loved or are books I read immediately.  But here they are:

A Northern Light - Jennifer Donnelly
Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks
I Am the Messenger - Markus Zusak (signed!)
Fever 1793 - Laure Halse Anderson
The Rest of Her Life - Laura Moriarty
The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber
The Last Report of the Miracles at Little No Horse - Louise Erdrich
The Sheltering Sky - Paul Bowles
Chime - Franny Billingsley
How They Met and Other Stories - David Levithan

What bought books are still in your unread pile?  Are there any of these I need to start immediately?

9 comments:

Christina said...

Stairway to Cats.

Your list is eclectic, and I approve. Also, A Northern Light and I Am the Messenger were both very good. I own a couple of these but also haven't read them. I started The Crimson Petal and the White, and it was great, but I didn't have time to finish because I was still in college. Sigh.

Cecelia said...

Oh, I think you'll really like I Am the Messenger! It's gripping, but it sneaks up on you, too. I need to read Chime, too - it's sitting on my shelf and I got about 2 pages in once...

Thanks for sharing your list!

caite said...

My Giant Fat Cat, Larry, would love that cat hi-rise!

Liviania said...

I have bought and not read some of those too.

Sandy Nawrot said...

I have so many books that I bought in a fervor then left unread, it is just sick. Too many to list honestly.

And no, those cats aren't spoiled. Not at all!!!

Courtney said...

I Am The Messenger is SO GOOD. Sigh. I loved reading that one this past summer - you will not regret it :)

Charlotte said...

I haven't read any of these! so many books, so little time...

Zibilee said...

I would start with Year of Wonders, and then go to The Crimson Petal and the White. Both are favorites of mine.

I am thinking of buying a kitty condo for our kitties, as we have just added 2 new ones to the house. You will be pleased to know that one is sweet and cuddly. Finally, a cat that I can cuddle with!!

Unknown said...


That top picture is so cute!